World Academy of Sport Services Ltd is committed to respecting the privacy of the users of our websites, including https://www.worldacademysport.com/?view=partners&id=19 (the Website) and those who participate in our courses.
We are registered in England and Wales under company number 5960091 and our registered office is at C/O Moore Stephens Centurion House, 129 Deansgate, Manchester, United Kingdom, M3 3WR. However, any correspondence for us should not be sent to this address but to the address set out in paragraph 11.
- Personal Information
- When you use the Website, in particular if you register an online account with us or apply to participate in one of our courses, you may provide us with personal information about you such as your name, address, nationality, gender, date of birth, telephone numbers (including mobile number) and email address (personal information). We are committed to protecting your privacy, and will only use your personal information in accordance with applicable data protection legislation, including the Data Protection Act 1998 and (once applicable) the General Data Protection Regulation.
- Where you create a user account with us, you will be required to provide some basic data about yourself. This is information that we consider necessary or desirable so that we can properly administer your account and provide the website to you. If you do not agree to us holding this information about you, please do not register.
- You are entitled by law to ask for a copy of your personal information at any time. Please contact us using the details in paragraph 11. We may charge you a fee for this which shall not exceed £10. You are entitled to ask us to correct or update your personal information at any time by contacting us at the address above.
- Uses made of the information
- We (and our representatives) may use your personal information for the purposes of:
- delivering courses to you (online or in person);
- corresponding with you about any enquiry or application that you may send to us;
- if you are paying for the course yourself, authorising payments and/or sending a bill to you;
- liaising with the Partner regarding you and your participation in any course, including (where appropriate) arranging for the Partner to make any payment which is due in respect of your participation;
- maintaining the account you hold with us;
- ensuring that our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- providing you with information, products and/or courses / services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, or undertaking surveys or market research, where you have consented to be contacted for such a purpose;
- notifying you about a change to our Website or courses / services; and
- If you do not want us to contact you in the way set out at paragraph 1.7 you can "opt out" by indicating this when submitting email forms on the Website or by contacting us as described in paragraph 11.
- Where we offer an online course, the course may contain an assessment element which provides a score or other feedback as a result of the answers that you submit. The score or feedback may be automatically calculated based on your responses based on pre-programmed assessment criteria.
- Disclosure of your information
You consent to us (and our representatives) disclosing your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we buy or sell any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer or seller of such business or assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply such other terms as apply to our relationship, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers, ourselves or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction; and
- if we determine that such disclosure is necessary in connection with any investigation or complaint regarding your use of the Website.
- SHARING INFORMATION WITH OUR PARTNER
- We provide the courses in conjunction with our Partner. Accordingly, we may share some or all of the personal information that you provide to us with our Partner.
- Our Partner may use the personal information for the purposes of verifying that you are entitled to participate in the course (where applicable), processing payment on your behalf (where the Partner has agreed to do this), checking whether you have attended the course and reviewing your performance and any score, feedback or certification that you receive (or that is declined) as a result of your participation.
- Where you have agreed to receive marketing communications and other updates you may also receive these from our Partner.
- It is possible that the transfer of your personal information to our Partner may involve your personal information being transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA), or that our Partner, once it has received the information, may subsequently transfer it outside the EEA. This may involve a transfer to a country or territory where rules and safeguards applicable to personal data are weaker than or otherwise different to those offered within the EEA. By submitting your personal information you consent to it being transferred outside the EEA in this manner.
- Retention, UPDATING AND REMOVAL OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Where you provide us with personal information during the course of your usage of the Website, we may retain this information for future use, including:
- to speed up your future use of the Website, for example retaining information you submitted during the registration process to avoid you needing to re-enter this if you wish to apply for another course;
- for record keeping purposes, such as keeping a record of which courses you have participated in and your performance in those courses;
- for exercising our rights, such as seeking payment from you (where applicable); and/or
- to provide on-going services.
- The duration for which we retain your personal information will differ depending on the type of information and the reason why it was submitted. However, in some cases personal information may be retained on a long term basis: for example, basic personal information about you will normally be retained for so long as you maintain an account with us, and personal information that we need to retain for legal purposes will normally be retained for at least six years in accordance with usual commercial practice and regulatory requirements.
- You are responsible for ensuring that the personal information that we hold about you is accurate and up-to-date, and you should check it on a regular basis. Much of the personal information that we hold about you can be updated through our Website, and where this personal information changes you can update it yourself. If you are unable to do this however you can contact us using the details in paragraph 11 and, where appropriate, we will update the relevant personal information for you.
- If you are intending to move any of your personal information to another website, please let us know before you close your account so that we can make arrangements to provide you with a copy of your personal information.
- You may in certain circumstances be entitled to request the erasure of personal information that we hold on you. To make a request of this nature, please contact us, providing full details of the personal information you want to be erased and the reason(s) for your request. We will consider all requests upon receipt and confirm to you whether we are able to agree to your request.
- Please be aware that the erasure of personal information that we hold about you may affect our ability to provide the Website and the services associated with it to you and in some cases our acceptance of an erasure request may require the closure of your account, your withdrawal from a course that you have applied for or the cancellation of any certification or accreditation that you have been awarded.
- Certain parts of our Website use "cookies" to keep track of your visit and to help you navigate between sections. A cookie is a small data file that certain websites store on your computer's hard-drive when you visit such websites. Cookies can contain information such as your user ID and the pages you have visited. The only personal information a cookie contains is information that you have personally supplied.
- LOG FILES
- In common with most websites, our Website logs various information about visitors, including internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP) information, referring / exit pages and date / time stamp.
- We may use this information to analyse trends, administer the Website, track your movement around the Website and gather broad demographic information. However, we do not link this information to personally identifiable information.
- The Website has numerous security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of information under our control, such as passwords and firewalls. We cannot, however, guarantee that these measures are, or will remain, adequate. We do, however, take data security seriously and will use our reasonable endeavours to protect the integrity of the information you provide.
- If you register to use secured parts of the Website you will be asked to create a password. You must keep this password confidential and must not disclose it or share it with anyone. You will be responsible for all activities that occur under your password. If you know or suspect that someone else knows your password you should notify us immediately at the address provided in paragraph 11 If we have reason to believe that there is likely to be a breach of security or misuse of the Website, we may require you to change your password or we may suspend your account until your identity has been verified and the account has been satisfactorily secured.
- Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- ISSUES AND COMPLAINTS
- In the unlikely event that you have any concerns about how your personal information is being used, please contact us as described in paragraph 11. This includes situations where you want to request the recertification or erasure of your personal information, restrictions to be placed around how we use your personal information, or to object to a particular use.
- If you make a complaint about our handling of your personal information, it will be dealt with in accordance with our complaints handling procedure. In the first instance it will be reviewed by our customer care team who will respond to you within 28 days. If you are dissatisfied with this response you may request that your complaint be escalated, in which case it will be passed to a senior person in our business who will review your complaint and the initial response and provide a further response within 28 days of your request to escalate the matter.
- If we are unable to resolve your complaint, you may make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Please see https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/raising-concerns/ for more information.
- Contacting us
If you need to contact us about this policy or any matters relating to the personal information we hold on you, you can write to us at World Academy of Sport, 52 Granby Row, Manchester, M1 7AY, United Kingdom or email us at email@example.com.
- FURTHER information